Sunday, November 8, 2009

Red Gets Baptized . . .


I'm not a marathon runner, nor do I do anything running related. I know myself, and know that I am strong and fairly fast, yet if I were ever to get in a fight I had better win it fast and quick. (Luckily wrestling with my brothers has always gone that route. I destroyed them quickly and made it look effortless.) I know that if it ever took longer than a minute I'm going to tire quickly, and anything that lasts to the second round will not bode well for me. Unlike marathon runners I most likely would fade quickly during a race. I'd collapse, probably passed out from a lack of oxygen or heart palpitations, and wake lying face down in a gutter. That is how it is when it comes to our family and the holiday season.

Halloween is the kickoff of events that our little group must run and survive. The first in a series of nonstop events, just like a marathon, that stretches from the celebration of all things ghoulish to New Year's day. By the beginning of the New Year I am lucky not to find myself in the gutter begging for it all to stop. The foods, the parties, all the get togethers! Just between the holiday's, and the connected sub-holiday parties, we have 5 birthday's - all which are celebrated at more parties . . . 'sigh'! All the socializing - my head hurts thinking about it.

There was one event that I was looking forward to in our family's line of up coming events this particular holiday marathon - the baptism of Red. Congratulations!! I'm proud of the person you've become, and the choices you've made. I love you Red! -CRW

* It's not really all that bad. :-)

5 comments:

SLC / Portland Webbs said...

Happy Birthday Red! It was great to have your Baptism so close to your birthday. Thank You Aunt skinny butt, Mom and Dad for coming to our neck of the woods. We missed everyone who could not make it. It was a wonderful day! When Red came out of the water she had the biggest smile on her face and she said " Ok now I feel like I am 8." She looked beautiful.
R-

JACK's house said...

SSSSOOOOO wish we could have been there. Congrats B.

Mary said...

She looks beautiful! =)

Smilin' sunshine said...

She looks gorgeous! I wish we could have been there! Do you have more pictures?

Jess said...

I love this pic of Bee. Gorgeous. C'mon Chris....parties are fun!