

Well I can see that if I leave the birth story up to CRW not only will it take a life time to tell but it will be slightly incorrect. With this being the first time I post on my blog I hope you will be gentle. I do not have a gift of words and promise not to be as entertaining as my husband. Just to set the story straight I had a dream that I peed my pants when I woke up from the dream I was very disoriented due to the lack of sleep you get at the end of your pregnancy. I was trying to decided if I had dreamed that I peed my pants or if I actually had. In my dream state I locked my legs and tried not to pee my pants. When I got to the bathroom I thought if I peed my pants I would smell it. With that being said on we go with the story.
After the hospital determined I was actually in labor and indeed my water had broke we sat. The doctor on call said we would have to wait until my blood work came back normal so they could allow me to deliver. Piper cooperated because all my contractions stopped at this point and we waited. From 3:00 a.m. to 12:45 p.m Monday morning on March 17th we waited. After the third blood draw we got the OK to start labor as they did not want me to sit to long without going into labor because of the risk of infection. At this point we have seen the doctor once! At this point the nurse starts pitocin and into labor I went. The next 45 minutes are blurry because not only do I go from 2cm to 7cm I can not get my epidural. After I hyperventilate I decide no drugs is a bad idea and wait an eternity to get my epidural. At this point CRW is reading over my shoulder and is telling me it was only an hour until I got my epidural. I guess my husband does not want to live through the night. The nurse, CRW, and I get me to the point of no return with still no doctor in sight. With the nurse yelling at me to stop pushing and trying to find the doctor I try to put mother nature on hold. Finally the doctor comes in and says "I am not ready I don't even have my gloves on." I'm thinking are you for real I have been here since 3:00 a.m. in the morning and your not ready. I tell him he has time to put some gloves on to deliver my baby and that a bare gloved delivery is not an option for me!! CRW tells me at this point the top of the baby is visible I will take his word for it because I was a little busy. While my absentee doctor is trying to put his gloves on and drop the table for delivery her head pops out. At this time the doctor starts yelling at me to stop pushing. By this time I am thinking why is everyone yelling at me this baby wants to come NOW and it is not my fault you people are not ready! The doctor tells me he is going to help her shoulder come out, but Piper has her own ideas. Her left hand pops out and I hear "Oh you little turkey." The doctor then says "Do you want to deliver your own baby?" He has CRW and the nurse sit me up and I reach down and pull my baby out. Left holding her I am thinking now what? He then tells me to put her on my chest and has CRW unsnap my gown at the top. He clips the cord delivers the placenta and leaves. The nurse finishes everything up after that. At this point I am thinking, I am so glad I get to give the doctor all my money to deliver my baby only to have me do it myself.
Piper comes into our lives at 6 pounds 15 ounces, 20 inches long, head 13 1/4 inches big. On St. Patrick's day March 17th, at 4:16 p.m. Her full name is Piper Ophelia. Baby and Mom are doing good and all is right in the world. The baby's eyes are the standard blue gray. The hair color is brown with hints of red, only time will tell if we have another red head. So far she has been a good baby, less fussy than our other two. We love her. -R
12 comments:
So glad to hear the rest of the story...and it was a good one at that! (-: Congrats and we are glad to hear that all are doing well.
FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY!!!! iT HAS ONLY BEEN 3 WEEKS SINCE SHE WAS BORN!! SHOULDN'T YOUR BLOG BE THE FIRST PRIORITY??
R- don't you feel sometime, if you leave it to the man you might be gray? So why not just find a way to do it yourself. (Of course delivering your own baby is not exactly what I would be doing :) ) Great story that Piper will either love or hate to hear about as she grows. I am so glad everything is going good and she is a good baby. (I remember the other two being a little difficult) Love ya
R - I am so glad you filled in the details. She is really beautiful! I cant wait for our new little ones to meet :) Make sure you let me know when you guys come down again! Love ya
She is so cute and is lucky to have a mom that would touch her without being wiped off first. I guess it was a once in a lifetime opportunity. Great work!
So glad to hear more details. She is so pretty. Congrats, and I think she looks like both of your girls already, which I am sure she will have her own look, she is definitely your baby.
I'm so glad you finished the story so I don't have to hear about you smelling your pee one more time! Piper is so adorable and huggable! I'm happy she is being good for you...can't wait to meet her!
I know sweetie!! I'm not home til tomorrow night, and i'm just jumping in on my in-laws computer when I have a chance...you will get ALL the details...plus some cute photos~!! :-)
I know sweetie!! I'm not home til tomorrow night, and i'm just jumping in on my in-laws computer when I have a chance...you will get ALL the details...plus some cute photos~!! :-)
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL GRANDDAUGHTER WE ARE SO BLESSED. SHE IS CUTE TOO. RACHEL AND CHRIS GOOD JOB.
PS...what's it like to just have one baby?! I would honestly love to know. If I could be guaranteed just a single birth, I might be inclined to do it again just to see what it's like. For now, we're done! :-)
I was going to tell you how beautiful those pictures are! And it's gonna be great to get like the $10,000 bill when you literally delivered your own baby. Having had a c-section I missed out on all that, and having Jerrod being able to cut the cords, but I think I'll trade that for no labor pains, not waiting for dialation before the meds, etc. But you have an amazingly beautiful family! I wish I had someone like Chris to take our family pictures. They are gorgeous! Love you guys...Amy
Post a Comment