

All right, so here is the rest of the story . . . where was I? Oh yes, R- and I were arguing over whether or not her water had broke. Trying to using logic I asked, "Are you peeing, or is the water just gushing out and you have no control?". R- took a more practical approach and wiped some of the fluid on her fingers and smelled it. With R's- reassurance that it didn't smell like pee and my discovery of water all over the floor, we concluded that her water HAD broke and that we had better go to the hospital as soon as possible. Both of us were worried that she had just taken her shot of Heparin 4 hours before, and that it was still going to be in her system for delivery. R- has never gone naturally, so we were also concerned that we might not have a lot of time until the delivery since her average time to dilevery after being induced is four and a half hours.
I woke the kids, grabbed the camera, and gave my parents a call to meet us at the hospital. On a side note, this is the fourth time I have headed to the hospital in regards to my children being born. Some may say it is weird, but every time I have gone to the hospital, with the exception of Morgan, I have heard a song on the radio or had a tune that has been stuck in my head, and I hum that tune through out the day as I wait for the baby to be born. What is even funnier is that I realize I do this and make note of what the song it is. With my first it was Burning Flame by Vitamin B, with my second it was Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana, and with Piper it was the president's theme Hail to the Chief. R- asked why I was humming that at the hospital. I don't know why myself, I just was. Anyway, we headed to the hospital (me humming Hail to the Chief) at a nice normal speed and broke no traffic laws until I pulled into the hospital's entrance which was a one way street (me going the wrong way), but at 2:45 AM there is no traffic - no harm no foul. I dropped R- off at the entrance so she could head up to delivery, made the kid-switch with my parents when they showed up, parked the car, and headed into the hospital.
Once again I have been sitting on this for a couple of days but time does not allow me to finish. I'll post what I have now so you can see the pictures. -CRW
12 comments:
ALRIGHT..... All I ask is that you post the height, weight, all that info. I don't want to post on my blog that Rach was smelling her pee!!!!!!!!!!!
Love ya!!
I'm sure there was a better test to find out what is pee and what is not! That is sick. She is so cute and looks so much like Lu lu. I have the same prob with songs stuck in my head only mine always happens at the temple and I can't get rid of it.
You make me laugh. Come on already with the put offs....finish the story.
She does look a lot like Lulu. I wish we were closer and could come see you guys.
i'm trying to type with onr hand, so i'll write more later...ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL--CONGRATS!!
ok...I have two hands, way to know the difference between the smell of pee and water. Actually, I've decided a c-section is the way to go! You don't have to smell for pee, feel any labour pains, and you get all the good drugs. But R-way to go on knowing it wasn't pee...very impressive! Can you email us a name?! I'm dying to know!
Rach - I love you and all, but don't be offended when I don't shake your hand until after we have shed this mortal tabernacle and taken it back up. I figure by then your cooties will quickened too.
She is cute. There is no mistaking her for a boy.
So we still don't know height, weight, and eventually a name would be nice! :-) Love you guys. We're leaving for San Diego on the 2nd of April and getting sealed on the 8th (our 2nd anniversary). I hope you are still in town when we get back! Love you guys! Amy
Hey, when are you guys coming to town? Wanna see if we're gonna miss you...AGAIN :-(
Hey, just saw your post. I would love for it to say Amy, Jerrod, Connor and Parker, sealed April 8th 2008. However, I have a problem. Haley wasn't able to be sealed to us and I don't want her to feel left out once she is able to read. Should we just say something like "Kermath Family Sealed for time and all eternity April 8th 2008"?? I would love at least a 10 x 10 or do you think that's too large? You're the artist, you go wit what looks best. But I do think we should just go with the "Kermath Family, Sealed for Time and all....you know the rest! :-) Thank you so much for doing this for us. It really means a lot. And thanks for the congratulations!! :-)
also...if you think of something that sounds better, looks better on the mat, etc., go with it! :-)
Oh that was an awesome post to read. Rock on Rachel for the practical logic of smelling. The little miss is adorable of course. Can't wait to see her in person.
Post a Comment