
This weekend was a GREAT ! weekend. We started the weekend off with 75 degrees, blue skies, and sunshine. This weekend was also a long weekend for the kids they had Friday and Monday off. We had two big events happen that I thought I would share.
The first being we blessed the new little one. She slept the whole weekend and straight through her baby blessing. CRW was grateful because the week before a baby had been blessed in church and the baby screamed through the whole thing. When CRW was done with the blessing he and the other guys in the circle looked down at "P" and she was wide awake staring up at the ceiling with a big smile on her face. Everyone laughed and said "she must be happy." We had a wonderful day and wished you all could have been there and shared the day with us.
The second event was Red learning how to ride a two wheeler. Red has been riding her bike with one training wheel on her bike for a long time. I thought if we didn't pony up and teach her she would always ride her bike leaning to the right. Also, Red kept telling people she could ride a one wheeler because she only had one training wheel left on her bike. CRW took her to the park with lots of flat ground and off she went with little help. By days end she had only run into one pole and two trees. I think we had a little help from her Pediatrician.
Have you ever wanted to climb into a hole and die. This would be at the Pediatrician's office last week with Red. Bless her little heart she only told the truth. First question from the Dr. was "What do you sit in when you get in a car?" "I don't know, the seat" said Red. The Dr. says you mean a booster seat with a seat belt. Red says "No mom says I can just sit in the seat with a seat belt and I don't have to use my booster seat anymore." The Dr. raised his eyebrow and goes on a very long explanation of why Red still needs to be in a booster. Next question "What do you wear when you ride a bike?" Red says I don't know. The Dr. says "A bike helmet." Red says "My dad said I don't need one because he didn't wear one growing up and he is just fine." once again we repeat what happened after the first question. Third question "Do you know how to ride a bike?" With pride Red declares "Yea I can ride a one wheeler." the Dr. let that one slide without an explanation. However he did make the comment that at her age she should know how to ride a bike without training wheels. Fourth question was "Can you tie your shoes? "Oh that's easy I learned last week" I was glad CRW got inspired to teach Red the week before otherwise I might get another raised eyebrow. The last question to add to my unease was "How many hours a day do you watch TV or play video games?" With a big smile because she knows the answer she tells the Dr. "All day" What can I say she is spending a little more time doing these activities since the baby was born.
After turning bright red and feeling very uncomfortable I have repented and changed my ways this week. Red's booster is out of CRW's car and in the van since she is hardly ever in his car. Red now knows how to ride a two wheeler. We went to Target to get a bike helmet. And last but not least T.V. and video game playing has been drastically cut back. Can't wait to see what questions are asked at the next years check-up.
R-
7 comments:
That is awesome. Glad you had such a great weekend! Red makes me laugh so hard!! The innocence of a child!! Gotta love her!! Takes a doctor sometimes to make a parent honest!
No helmet?? I can't hang with that!! Car seat...Marissa isn't in one and Red isn't that much shorter than her!
Marissa wants to know what color P's eyes are??
By the way, thanks for keeping us updated, unlike someone else in your family!
I am glad you had a nice weekend. It is nice to have such a mellow baby. Your post reminded me of Chris teaching me how to ride a bike when I was seven and he was ten. That was a long time ago!
Oh how I love that Red! I can totally picture her saying all this stuff too! Peeo looks so pretty in her blessing dress...so does her mama.
What a gorgeous picture R-. I am sure you had an awesome weekend.
What those little ones say....:)
That made my day, what a great laugh that gave me. And by the way did I hear you say mini van? welcome to the club!
What a beautiful picture!!! I ran across a picture today of Lulu and my girls sitting on Rob's lap. Those were some good times.
Post a Comment