Thursday, September 6, 2007

Back to School and more. . .

I agree with J-Dawg in that time does just seem to fly by . . . This is most apparent in the fact that the kids are back in school, the summer is gone, and that it has been a month since I last updated the blog. I will blame the latter mostly on being shanghaied during the last couple of weeks in August.

It all started off innocently enough in August, but turned into a month long headache. During the first week of the month my brother bought a collectible car on eBay from a guy in Pennsylvania. He is having it converted to run on biofuel in California, so he flew my youngest brother and his girl friend back to Harrisburg to drive it across the country. They thought of it as an adventure and were excited for the chance (in the beginning, HA, HA, HA!) Forty miles west of Little Rock, AK it sprung a radiator leak and chugged to a smoky death. Yes death! After being towed back to Little Rock the Benz dealership called the time of death at 8/13 4:01 EST. In short it needed a new engine. This of course caused my brother to slowly ponder his choices as to how and where to resurrect it. During this interim the girl friend had to fly home to start a new job leaving my little bro alone. After a week and a half of him profusely sweating (105 degrees, 98% humidity) while hanging out in a hotel room watching TV, visiting the Clinton Presidential Library, and randomly driving around the city with nothing to do in his rental car, I arrived on the scene. It was decided that Los Angeles was a much better place to bring the car back to life than Little Rock, so the two of us loaded the G-wagon on a Uhaul trailer and continued the drive. We drove through Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and finally into California. (Oklahoma and Texas have the best 'no littering' signs. "Keep Oklahoma grand!", is only slightly over shadowed by, "Don't mess with Texas." I would hate to pay the Texas bill though which is, "Up to $4000 fine". And did you know that New Mexico is the "State of Enchantment". I never knew.) Anyway, we dropped the car off at the repair shop and that is where it is still.

But making it to LA was only half of the adventure; that is where we are currently building a store, and so my brother had the two of us stick around and help finish up the store for another week. So like I said earlier, forgive me for not writing . . . I have a good excuse? -CRW

** The pictures are from the girls' first day back to school.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Yea!! Crazy Lives is back. I check all the time and have been disappointed that there was nothing new, but you have been busy for sure. Those State warnings on littering reminds me that New Hampshire's license plate motto is "Live Free or Die!" That is a little confrontational if you ask me. The girls are beautiful! You'll have to lock them up once they come of age.