As mentioned before T, D & Family were up for a visit this last weekend (3.5 days total) for a guided tour of the northwest. With so much to do we were able to only hit the tip of the iceberg.On our beach excursion the award for the wettest will have to go to B-. During our time at the beach he was non-stop playing in the waves. Always testing the limit to see how far out to sea he could get before the next big wave came in. He also loved playing with the starfishes and sea anemones in the tidal pools, but in the end also wins for being the coldest when we wrapped up and headed home.
We spent another day exploring some of the falls and forests in the area. There is a fun route to explore that takes you past a number of different water falls with short hikes. Everyone had their favorite, but the biggest got the most votes. Baby B did amazing, hiking a lot of the way by herself. Everyone was tired by the end of that day, so we spent the next day in town.
As far as towns go we have the basics. Shopping, etc., but we also have the Rose Garden, Japanese Garden, and an aerial tram that makes looking around town different. The architecture has its own style and with the river running through town there is lots to look at. Over all it is one of the prettier towns in the U.S. that I have seen. (In my opinion.)
Unfortunately as the title suggests our time was up too soon. Hopefully we will get a chance to share the same with all of you sooner or later. It was fun having them. -CRW
3 comments:
This description makes me so envious! I'm so tired of looking at the yellow grass by the interstate in SLC. I could really go for some greenery. We can't wait to come visit and hopefully we'll be able to soon.
OH Rocks OR!
hello, im so excited to be able to be back on the blogs, they are amesome and I have missed them. My computer died but I have a new Dell and I love it. Oh boy do I wish I could have been with you all for the tour when Tood & family was there. I loved Oregon as a missionary and loved it more when we lived there and our beautiful baby, Rachel was born. Where does all the time go?
Love to all Mom Polly
Post a Comment