It seems like weekend trips have been getting in the way a lot lately. Don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining, they are loads of fun, but have forced me to neglect the blog the last two weeks. After a quick look at everyone else's blog though I don't feel so bad. It looks like everyone missed last week given all the birthday's, Harry Potter release (which took up all of my free time last week), or just regular daily rituals. So here is the catch up for the last couple of weeks.Last weekend was spent in Utah caring for my handicapped relative, giving me an opportunity to catch up with the rest of the family whom I haven't seen in about a year's time. This was fun and I would have loved to see you J-Dawg and discussed Harry Potter on the eve of its release, but instead bored the rest of your family with my theoretical ramblings as to my ideas of where the story was headed. Over all I liked the book, but thought it could have been stronger in a few areas. We can discuss this later J-Dawg on the privacy of your blog as some members of the family don't understand the relevance of Harry Potter's symbolic importance on today's pop culture, and the extraordinarily deep meaning it plays in our lives.
Anyway, R's real birthday was very uneventful due to our busy schedules, so instead we celebrated it the last couple of days, on my second weekend trip, in Seattle. The kids loved it. We stayed in a hotel next to the Space Needle as you can see by the picture taken from our room's window. When asked what their favorite part of the trip was they said, "Swimming in the
hotel pool!". So for all you other parents out there who want to take your kids on a nice trip, make it easy on yourselves. Don't actually go anywhere - just go to a hotel and take the kids swimming. As for the rest of the trip though we went to Pike's Market (famous for their fish throwing, and R's personal trip highlight), the EMP (Experience Music Project as seen in the picture to the left), the Science Fiction Museum, the top of the Space Needle, and concluded with the amphibious Duck Tour bus. We just got back about an hour ago, so we are both exhausted but had a fun time over all.As for my future weekends i am just as booked as ever. T, D, & Family are coming next weekend. We have excursions to Mt. Saint Helens, the Columbia gorge, and the coast planned along with places to visit in town. And will most likely be heading back to Utah after that to visit my relative again. Hopefully by the end of August things will slow down a little when the kids get back in school. -CRW
2 comments:
Yeah, well your Space Needle is no Dublin, Ohio. That was a pretty transparent attempt at making myself feel better. Words like Mount St. Helens, Columbia Gorge and the Pacific Ocean are like daggers that pierce me to my life force.
I'm still logged in as S-Dawg.
N-Dawg
CRW,
I liked Harry Potter, but I was really bugged that Ron spoke parsel mouth (spelling?) to get the basilisk tooth. That just couldn't happen and lots of things with the Horcruxes just seem to happen just at the right moment...you know? I also didn't like that Hermonie just accio the Horcrux books from Dumbledore's office when they couldn't do that with anything else. I was confused by the ending but I re-read it and I think I got it. Although I don't know how his mother's charm still protected him inside Voldemort if the protection ended when he left the Dursely's at 17. I felt like the ending had a very christian feel and I dug it.
J-DAwg p.s. I don't spell very well...sorry
Post a Comment