Wednesday, September 1, 2010

News...

Well, after going to Utah this summer for five weeks, to be with my Mom who was recently diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer we have returned back home. Only to bear bad news to our friends. CRW's dad passed away in our home last week due to complications of Pancreatic Cancer. We will miss him and it was a great adventure to have him live with us the last 19 months in our home. We love him very much and it doesn't seem real yet. He passed away very peacefully with CRW and I at his side. We will be having a memorial in his honor to celebrate his life this September 18th. I am calling all friends and ideas to let me know what that might look like. Any ideas on inexpensive table center pieces and how to run the thing? CRW has a lot on his plate and I told him I would plan and run the event. We had a beautiful four days mourning and celebrating Greg and we feel we had a great memorial with his brothers that flew in to say goodbye. However, there are many people and family that did not get that chance and so that is why I would like to plan a nice event. Please Help!
R-

5 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

So sorry. Thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Natalie said...

I am so sorry about CRW's Dad. Also sorry to hear about your Mom. I hope she is doing okay. I cant believe I missed you while you were here in Utah. I got your message but life has just, well, been crazy. (I know, lame excuse!)
Our thoughts and prayers our with your family!

NikkiD said...

Hi guys, i'm so sorry to hear about CRW's dad. Please let CRW know that we are thinking of him and his family at this sad time. And i'm so sorry about your mom. How is she doing? I love your mom, she is so sweet and sorry she has to go thru this. Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys at this time. And next time your in Utah we need to get together, we'd love to see you guys again, its been way to long :)

Jess said...

I really have come to hate cancer in the last couple of months. I know that is the under-statement of the year. Easy center pieces are getting a glass vase and cutting up different citrus fruits and floating them water. They smell good too. Get vases that are different sizes and shapes.

JACK's house said...

I was wondering why I hadn't heard from you. (dumb of me not to just pick up the phone.) Let me know what time....if at all possible i want to be there. (might need help with directions) and if i can make it, count on me to help in any way possible. call me.... i don't want to bug you...