First, things first I am afraid Red has no fear in her bones. CRW and I have tried to teach our children that it is OK to be afraid but, that is no reason not to do something. Often we force them to do things that scare them. We are at the Tower of Terror, a ride in California Adventure at Disneyland. I can tell LuLu is a little freaked out so to loosen her up I tell her they steal children out of the line and hide them from their parents. I know a little harsh but, she was so focused on whether I was joking or not she forgot to be afraid of the ride. Red just rolls her eyes and says this of all the crying kids in line, and I quote: "Those kids are ridiculous this is all fake" We go on the ride, it was Awesome!! Red gets unbuckled and says to me: "Thats it. Thats all they got!! No Fear, Red, No Fear at all.
Next their sweet Dad stands in line for 1 hour and 45 Min. So my girls can get three Princess' Autographs. While Dad is stuck in line Grandpa takes the girls on rides so they don't miss out on a thing. Your not allowed to have strollers in line and Pei Wei was asleep in the stroller so I parked and stayed with her and talked to CRW on the cell phone. The things we do for our kids!
We drove up to Santa Barbara, the most beautiful place in California, to see great-grandma. The kids love the city and think we should move there. LuLu was at grandpa's friend's house picking avocados, oranges, limes, and grapefruit outside in the backyard. She turns to me and says: "I could get used to this, I think we should move here." To funny if it was only that easy we would. The food, weather, and visit was the highlight of the trip.
Speaking of food total side note. We try to eat a lot of fish however, LuLu and Red don't seem to enjoy it. Pei Wei loves fish so that is one good thing. We were at a restaurant and Grandpa ordered Calamari. The kids ate over half of it. They asked us what it was and CRW told them, Calamari. After they ate the dish CRW says: "oh yea, I remember the other name for Calamari." The girls ask what. He answers them, Squid. I thought LuLu was going to throw up. She won't admit it but she liked it even if it was Squid.
After having two weeks off CHEMO Grandpa was feeling good. He was a trooper with the kids and retaining some water from the treatments. His last blood work shows he is responding to CHEMO bad news is he is loosing his hair. CRW's dad is living with us and has since January. He has stage four Pancreatic Cancer and is terminal. This trip was on the top of his bucket list. Our next trip is NYC.
Happy Birthday CRW he is the big 37. Hope you had a great Birthday.
R-
2 comments:
WOW...if that wasn't a worldwind wrap up, I don't know what is! ;) So, do you think you'll ever make it to NYC? Cameron and I LOVE it there!!!!!!!! (to me, one of the places that is so fun to visit but you wouldn't want to live there) of course it helped that we stayed for free.
I could get used to picking avacado and grapefruit too!!! Lulu knows a good thing when she sees it.
Post a Comment