


The girls are at it again with a new hobby. This last week at a friend's birthday party they went rock climbing at a local joint. The wall is 40 feet high . . . "Do you think you can make it up there?", I said. "I'll give you each an extra $5 bucks if you can get to the top!" - a little incentive never hurts. The birthday girl went first . . . she got about 15 feet up the wall and had to come down. Fearing this might be a set back to the girls' bravery I turned to Lulu and Red, and restated, "If you get to the top I will give you the extra money!" I could see them rolling it over in their minds, thinking if the climb was going to be worth it or not. A few other girls went but only got to about the 15 foot mark also, my hopes were falling. Lulu was impressive and made it to the 30' mark on her first try, and Red not to be out done by her sister made it to the same spot her sister did. The smallest girl in the group was the last to climb and made it to the very top first try! Pressure was on now that one girl had done it (she had not gotten the monetary incentive my two had), and Red rose to the occasion - she shot straight to the top on her second try (she likes money - and does not like being out done). Red had also not worn the right shoes and did it in "Crocs" which was even more amazing. Lulu made it on her third and last attempt - she decided that she wanted the extra money too. They both loved it so much that they have invited another friend to go climb this week. I think we are going to have some professional rock climbers later on in life if they keep this up.
(The first picture shows Red reaching the very top.)-CRW
3 comments:
Thanks for the update!!! Way to go girls! I am impressed you made it to the top!
I can't believe how LONG Lulu's hair is!
Looks like so much fun! Way to go girls.
They are so brave. A little competition never hurt anybody. Nice Job Girls!
Post a Comment