So Red comes and wakes me up and says Mom I need some help downstairs. Did I mention I had a sick kid and was up all night i.e. why I am still in bed at 7:00 a.m. in the morning. Anyway so I go downstairs and ask the girls what the problem is. They both say there aren't any clean bowls to eat breakfast in. Me, thinking I am the best mother ever, decided what a great teaching moment this might be. Feeling very proud of myself, I say to the girls, "Well what could you do to solve that problem." They both look dumbfounded at me, and say "I dunno." So I say "What about grab one out of the dishwasher." "But, Mom those bowls are dirty." So I say, "Well what's another solution," I get "I dunno" again. So I suggest "How about getting one of the other bowls in the cupboard we use for serving pasta." "But, Mom that isn't a cereal bowl." Heaven forbid! So I say "So what could you do." Lulu says "I dunno maybe use my hand to eat the cereal and pour a glass of milk to wash it down with." Red says "No I woke up Mom to wash me a bowl." I need to add she is so proud of herself at this point for giving the "Right Answer" she is Chester cat smiling at her sister. At this point I am laughing and say, "girls had it never occurred to you to wash a bowl yourself." They both say "No." They look at me with a blank stare and act as if I am speaking a foreign language. I then suggest they come to the sink and wash a bowl. Lulu then says "No that is to much work I will just eat a Pop Tart." Where did I go wrong?

Before and after - Red has a new hair cut

6 comments:
Love the new cut! Looks like Brynn's!
Bee you cute thing! She looks so grown up. So cute.
um...I might have said, if you can't wash it yourself...then starve ;) Of course B looks cute :)
Ah, well, I guess I have failed as a mother too because I don't think Jude even knows where to find the dishsoap. LOL.
The new hair cut makes her look so grown up! I love it.
I cant believe how big your girls are getting. The haircute is adorable. She looks just like mom :) Miss you! Call next time your in town!
Oh man, so excited you will be up @ camp! I don't think I will be there the whole week, but it will be awesome that you will be there!
Post a Comment