Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween and more . . .

Well I guess it has been long enough that I should try and make a post. We kind of missed all of October so let's sum it up . . .


Our tradition of going to the Giant Pumpkin Festival was of course a 'Smash', or at least that is how they kick off the celebration. Two thousand pounds of pumpkin falling forty feet can really wreck a car, and the winning pumpkin this year was 1364 lbs!





Peiwei turned 7 months old and started solid foods, yet some how still manages to make a mess. Maybe I just need to lower my expectations and realize she still doesn't have complete control of her tongue yet, or maybe it is due to her still always being happy and smiling . . . it is just leaking out through her grin!





Preparations for Halloween must of course include pumpkin carving (or pumpkin sucking in Peiwei's case). This year Lulu's pumpkin aimed for a galaxy far, far away . . . while Red's actually went for a scary face that in years' past has been happy or funny or girl-ly. (Your Dad is so proud of you 'weep', 'weep'.)






Halloween of course is always a grand event hosting the latest in Forest Fairy and Vampire fashion. Not to mention, after going Trick-Or-Treating for 2.5 hours, a great way to supplement cold school lunches in these trying economic times. (Should the recession continue until next Halloween, when this years candy finally runs out, we will try and stay out 5-6 hours which should allow us to continue supplementing their lunches and just fore-go sandwiches, fruit, and anything healthy.)






And finally, Happy Birthday Red!




-CRW

7 comments:

SLC / Portland Webbs said...

Today is my sweet Red's Birthday. You are a joy to have as a daughter and there is never a dull moment around with you. I can't believe you are 7. I hope you have a great year and you enjoyed your special day. I can't wait to hit the mall this weekend to go shopping for your Birthday. Mom and Dad Love you very much.
R-

Mary said...

What....she is 7!?!?!?! Goodness - has it really been that long since our WG days? (-:

Krista said...

Great Costume Makeup. I've missed hearing what you guys have been up too. Looks like this month will be birthday month. Wish the girls a Happy Birthday from us.

Amy's Angels said...

Yea! A new post! I love seeing your family...I hope you are all doing well. The pumpkins were great! Maybe I'll update my Halloween pics someday :)

Peregos said...

Fun pictures! Wow, GREAT pumpkins and costumes. thank you, thank you.

Natalie said...

I cant believe how big your girls are getting. WOW!! It's good to hear from you and see your beautiful family!! Much love!

Unknown said...

Costco, Winco, wherever, we love seeing this cute little fam! Hey, we ought to link up... Mallard Mayhem http://jessicaandtaylor.blogspot.com/