Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Being Tagged . . .

Since the beginning of January I must admit I have been in a creative slump. If I were a writer I would call it a bad case of writer's block. Since I'm not a writer, but rather a would-be-photographer, I would simply draw attention to the fact that my last (long ago) post had no picture - which is a first for me on the blog. I have shot nothing lately (the weather doesn't help), and have been ignoring trying to create my photographic works website. In being totally truthful with myself, I think the website kind of through me into my current lack of photographic creativity because it is more work, and less creative than I was hoping it would be.

I'm not sure what "being tagged" is, but it sounds perfect for my current creative dilemma. And in reality, being tagged was probably created by people who couldn't think of anything creative to say, and so, made a fundamental mind activity to help you write something out of the ordinary, regardless of being in an ordinary routine. My sister-in-law had a similar entry earlier this year, and I have now been challenged by A- so here goes:

Ten years ago . . . I was newly married and going to school, trying to figure out what I wanted to get a degree in. We were in our first apartment, with a crazy gun wielding neighbor underneath us, and a video camera toting "Peeping-Tom" behind us. I owned a white sporty Toyota Celica and was working at an ice cream plant. Close to the day ten years ago . . .was R- and I's first Valentine being married. We planned a trip to Las Vegas with the dear friends whom we use to play 'Suck & Blow' with, and drove (raced) down a couple of days before the holiday. It was a mini-anniversary trip commemorating me proposing a year earlier to R-. It was one of the funnest trips we have been on since being married.

Five things on my to-do-list . . . 1) LEARN HOW TO MAKE A WEBSITE! (Anyone out there know alot about Dreamweaver and Fireworks?) 2) Help my wife out with the baby when our third child is born at the end of March. 3) Take more creative pictures. 4) Travel - I enjoy seeing new places. 5) Be a better person (always working on that one - have yet to acheive Amy's level of perfection!)

Three things that people don't know about me / bad habits . . . I was terrorized by dogs as a child, hence I don't like / hate dogs and animals in general. (That German Shepherd still scares me.) I was pulled over once for a DUI. I have never had a drink of alcohol in my life, but I still had to prove to all those officers that I was not drunk, and that there was a perfectly good explaination of why I was driving on the wrong side of the road. (They bought it and didn't give me a ticket.) And lastly for all you politically minded people, I rarely make comments on politics because my favorite form of government is theocratic monarchy!!

If money were no object . . . I would love to design and build my own modern dream house.

So there you have it. -CRW


* The picture is the San Diego Temple, taken 2 years ago when I was building a store there. Congrats A-!

3 comments:

Amy's Angels said...

Do you even know how much that post made me laugh?! OK, and it made me miss you guys A LOT!! I'm glad you did that...good times. Congrats on the 10 years of marriage!! Maybe I'll be able to do that this time around (wink, wink :-)) I loved that picture of the temple. Jerrod and I finally had a chance to go through there in October. It had been almost a year since he had taken out his endowments...so proud of my little convert ;-) Love you guys! Hope R- is doing well!!

Jess said...

I've been meaning to reply to this. At first I didn't reply because I didn't know what a theocratic monarchy was. Are you sure that is your favorite? Is it like King Benjamin?

Live Deliberately said...

Good luck with the website. If you need a spreadsheet I can help you. To quote Napoleon Dynamite with the programs you mentioned, "I don't understand a single word you just said'.